Actions and Detail Panel
Microsoft Power BI - 'Build a Dashboard in a Day' Workshop
Thu 4 May 2017, 09:00 – 16:30 BST
Businesses need easy-to-use analytics products that deliver complex analysis and insights with a low cost of ownership. For the tenth consecutive year, Microsoft is positioned in the Leaders quadrant in the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms.
In this workshop, you will learn various key features of the Power BI service. This is an introductory to intermediate course intended to learn how to author reports using Power BI Desktop and create operational dashboards via the Power BI Service.
At the end of the workshop, you'll be able to build dynamic and fully interactive dashboards like this one.
The cost per delegate is £95.00 + VAT - this includes refreshments and a light lunch. There's a maximum of eight delegates per workshop so book early!
If you are unable to make this date, don't worry, we'll be releasing more dates & venues shortly. For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7770 385 157
What are the workshop pre-requisites?
1. Signup for Power BI: Go to http://aka.ms/pbidiadtraining and sign up for Power BI with a business email address. If you cannot sign up for Power BI, let the instructor know.
2. Verify if you have 32-bit or 64-bit operating system to decide if you need to install the 32-bit or 64-bit applications. Search for 'Computer' on your PC, right click and look for 'Properties' - you should find the information here.
3. Download and install the latest version of Power BI Desktop - Microsoft Power BI Desktop requires Internet Explorer 9 or greater. If you already have Power BI Desktop installed, make sure you're using the latest version.
4. Download Microsoft On-premises Data Gateway from https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/gateway . We will walk through the Installation steps in this lab under “Refreshing data on the Dashboard” section.
5. Check your hardware suitability - at a minimum, a computer with 2-cores and 4GB RAM running one of the following version of Windows: Windows 10, Windows 7, Windows 8 (64-bit preferred), Windows 8.1, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2.
What are the parking facilities like at the event?
The hotel has a large car park within walking distance
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Email email@example.com or 07770 385157
What's the refund policy?
Is my registration fee or ticket transferrable?
Yes, but would need authorisation from the original purchaser
Are refreshments included in the cost of the workshop?
You will be able to help yourself to tea/coffee throughout the day. A light lunch will be provided around 12:30 PM
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 7770 385 157