This course is designed for individuals who will use Microsoft Project 2016 as a tool to assist them in managing projects. The topics in this course cover the critical skills necessary to create and modify a project plan with tasks in a work breakdown structure containing task relationships, constraints and deadlines. You will also learn how to create and assign resources, baseline and update the schedule for status reporting.
Getting Started with Project
- The Project 2016 interface
- Working with views
- Using templates
- Changing project information
- Setting the project calendar
- Automates vs. Manual scheduling
- Outlining tasks & WBS
- Editing task details
- Adding tasks to the timeline
- Working with summary tasks and the project summary task.
- Saving a project (formats)
Creating a Detailed Project Schedule
- Opening projects
- Understanding task types
- Setting task dependencies
- Understanding Critical Path
- Using the network diagram
- Using constraints and deadlines
- Using filtering and grouping
- Using the Task Inspector
- Setting and resetting baselines
- Understanding baseline variances
- Using Filtering and Grouping
- Understanding resource types
- Adding local work resources
- Working with material & cost resources
- Assigning resources
- Viewing resource assignments
- Viewing resource workloads graphically
- Resource Costs
Updating a Project
- Understanding the impact of updates
- Updating % Complete
- Updating with Actual Work hours
- Viewing progress on Assignments
- Replacing Assignments
- Inactivating a Task
Reporting in Microsoft Project
- Create a New Report
- Creating Dashboards
- Sharing and distributing Reports
- Printing a Project or Report
- Highly experienced trainers with ‘real-world’ experience
- Access to online ‘how-to’ videos
- Comprehensive course materials (electronically provided)
- 30 days free support post-training
- Access to private, dedicated, SharePoint support area.
- Exclusive Whitepapers, articles and information.
- Course certificate on completion of training for all delegates.
- Hand-on experience with graduated exercises to ensure maximum learning impact.
Save This Event
When & Where
Technology Associates is one of the leading IT solutions companies specialising in Microsoft Project, Project Server, Project Online and the Microsoft Project and Portfolio Management Solution (otherwise known as the Microsoft Office 365 PPM Solution). Since 1990, Technology Associates have provided advice, deployment, consultancy, development and training services on these solutions to more than 900 organisations including some of the world's leading companies.
Technology Associates have deployed hundreds of Project Server and Project Online solutions and deployed more than 2,000 Microsoft Project based solutions. Now focusing on the Microsoft cloud based options available to customers, our portfolio covers Office 365 PPM, SharePoint Online, Project Online, Azure (for dedicated or hybrid scenarios), as well as of course Office 365 itself and all associated products. In addition, we provide low cost custom development, including web apps and integration scenarios.
The company holds several Microsoft Gold Competencies in Project & Portfolio Management, Midmarket, Application Integration and Application Development, along with several other silver competencies and has been a Microsoft Partner since 1992. With such a strong technical tour-de-force we have built a solid reputation for delivering high quality services and solutions, and providing exceptional value for money. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, with overseas offices in New York, San Francisco, and India, and a strategic partner network covering AsiaPac, Middle East and ROW, we work internationally in delivering IT solutions to our customer base in over 39 countries, although our primary customer base remains in the United Kingdom.
Find out more at www.techassoc.com
Follow us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/TechAssoc
Follow us on Facebook :-
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +44 (0) 1789 292150