This course is designed to cover all the features and aspects of Microsoft Project Online Administration. Attendance on the Introductory Project Professional 2013 course is a desirable pre-requisite. Knowledge of Office 365 Administration would be an advantage but is not essential. Administrators should also have access to Microsoft Project Professional and ensure that this is installed on the PC/laptop used for training.
Who Should Attend
Users who will be responsible for managing, maintaining and updating the Project Online system and user information. Typically these may be individuals from IT or from business operational areas of the business.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
Understand Project Online Concepts & Setup
Understand the different areas of the PWA Home page and menu links.
Understand how to add new users and the authentication - types and logins.
Understand how to set up e-mail notifications for users and their teams.
Demonstrate how to save Microsoft Project plans to Project Online and the difference between Draft and Published plans.
Understand how users can view, edit, and update projects & tasks
Understand how to reject, create, and delegate task assignments.
Understand how to link documents, issues, risks and documents to projects and control access.
Show how to view projects in the Project Center & how to create and maintain custom views.
Understand best practices in creating views, groups and categories.
Show how to view resources in the Resource Center & how to create custom views.
Demonstrate how to view resource and assignment data related to one or more projects.
Understand how to edit enterprise resource pool information.
Understand Calendars and how to create them. View and update calendar changes
View and update task changes to a Microsoft Project plan and the update process.
Set up rules to automatically update projects.
Understand Check In/Check Out of Project plans, resources and objects.
Understand Categories/Groups/ Permissions & Security Templates and how to use these to configure the system. Essential for analyzing the business data and how Project Online can be adopted.
Understand how data is stored in Project Online and in Project Sites (based on SharePoint).
Project Online Administration:
- Understand the different Administration role options.
- Understand the communication and messaging process.
- Understand the Task Views, Time Periods, Fiscal Periods and options.
- Describe the provisioning process for creating workspaces (publishing).
- Understand how to view and upload documents for projects and public documents.
- Understand how to create and edit an issue or risk.
- Understand how to customize Issue and risk fields and views.
- Demonstrate connecting Microsoft Project Professional to Microsoft Project Online.
- Understand the functionality of Microsoft Project Online.
- Understand the different user types and the how they interact with Microsoft Project Online and the functionality of each, as well as how to modify permissions.
- Understand the responsibilities of a Microsoft Project Online Administrator and adopt best practices.
- Discuss the various views available, their purpose and how to customize them.
- Understand the integration of SharePoint from the Microsoft administration perspective.
- Understand Reporting and Business Intelligence capabilities in Project Online.
- Understand the concepts behind reporting from Project Online (oData feeds)
- Understand exporting data from Project Online to Excel.
- Managing the Global File and significance for Project Online users.
- Describe license management within Office 365 and the options for Project Pro and Project Online.
- Understand how security works within Microsoft Project Server.
- Demonstrate the process for setting custom permissions.
- Understand the process for time tracking and progressing updates.
- Understand and edit the Resource Breakdown Structure.
- Understand the Administration options in Project Online and how to use them.
- Demonstrate and understand the significance of Outline code fields at Project, Task and Resource level.
- Understand and the Portfolio capabilities and administer the settings in Project Server. (note : there is a separate course covering Microsoft Project Online Portfolio Management, administration and reporting)
- Understand Messaging logs, and the Queue services in Project Server.
- Describe, understand and be able to apply Multi-value fields.
- Recognise what the Active Cache is and how it works.
- Best Practices and do’s and don’ts
- Managing multiple Project Online instances (Test, Staging, Production)
- Release Management process for changes into production.
When & Where
Technology Associates is one of the leading IT solutions companies specialising in Microsoft Project and Enterprise Project Management Solutions. Since 1990, Technology Associates have provided deployment, consultancy, development and training services to more than 500 organisations including some of the world's leading companies, and we have an international presence in countries in EMEA, USA, and APAC.
Technology Associates have deployed hundreds of EPM solutions and deployed more than 2,000 Microsoft Project solutions. The company holds Microsoft Gold Competencies in Project & Portfolio Management, Application Integration and as an ISV, along with eight other silver competencies. With such a stong technical tour-de-force we have built a solid reputation for delivering high quality services and solutions, and providing exceptional value for money. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, with Offices in New York, San Francisco, India and Barcelona, and a strategic partner network covering AsiaPac, Middle East and ROW, we work internationally in delivering IT solutions to our customer base in over 39 countries.
Find out more at www.techassoc.com
Follow us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/TechAssoc
Follow us on Facebook :-
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +44 (0) 1789 292150