Course Outline: The goal of this two-day instructor-led course is to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to effectively manage projects with Microsoft Project Professional 2010.
Who Should Attend: This course is intended for Project Managers, Project Schedulers, Managers, Supervisors, Team Leaders and other people responsible for managing projects. These individuals are involved in or responsible for scheduling, estimating, coordinating, controlling, budgeting and staffing of projects and supporting other users of Microsoft Project.
Typical products and technologies that are used include Microsoft Project 2010, Microsoft Excel 2010, Microsoft Visio 2010 Project Server 2010 and may also include Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010.
Students should have a working knowledge of the following:
• Basic project management concepts and terminology.
• Basic Windows navigation skills.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Explain the new user interface of Microsoft Project 2010.
• Initialize Microsoft Project settings and creating a Project Server Account connection.
• Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
• Create task relationships in a project schedule.
• Configure advanced task information and use the Task Inspector.
• Create and manage resources.
• Assign and level work resources.
• Review and finalize the project schedule.
• Track and update project schedules.
• Customize Project 2010 features.
• Communicate project information in your organization.
• Manage multiple projects and resource pools.
• Understand and use the new features in Project 2010, such as Team Planner, Timeline View, Task Inspector, Task Inactivation, and manual task scheduling.
Module 1: Overview of Microsoft Project 2010
Module 2: Initializing a Project
Module 3: Creating a Work Breakdown Structure
Module 4: Creating Task Relationships
Module 5: Configuring Advanced Task Information
Module 6: Creating Resources
Module 7: Assigning and Leveling Work Resources
Module 8: Reviewing and Finalizing the Schedule
Module 9: Tracking and Updating Projects
Module 10: Customizing Project 2010 Features
Module 11: Communicating Project Information
Module 12: Managing Multiple Projects and Resource Pools.
When & Where
Technology Associates is one of the leading IT solutions companies specialising in Microsoft Project and Enterprise Project Management Solutions. Since 1990, Technology Associates have provided deployment, consultancy, development and training services to more than 500 organisations including some of the world's leading companies, and we have an international presence in countries in EMEA, USA, and APAC.
Technology Associates have deployed hundreds of EPM solutions and deployed more than 2,000 Microsoft Project solutions. The company holds Microsoft Gold Competencies in Project & Portfolio Management, Application Integration and as an ISV, along with eight other silver competencies. With such a stong technical tour-de-force we have built a solid reputation for delivering high quality services and solutions, and providing exceptional value for money. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, with Offices in New York, San Francisco, India and Barcelona, and a strategic partner network covering AsiaPac, Middle East and ROW, we work internationally in delivering IT solutions to our customer base in over 39 countries.
Find out more at www.techassoc.com
Follow us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/TechAssoc
Follow us on Facebook :-
E-mail : email@example.com
Tel : +44 (0) 1789 292150