Course Description: This course is designed to cover all the features and aspects of Project Server 2013 Administration. Attendance on the Introductory Project Professional 2013 course is an essential pre-requisite. Attendance on an advanced course with at least two to six weeks as a consolidation period is highly desirable. Attendees ideally will have some experience of SQL Server, IIS, and SharePoint Server. Knowledge of network permissions, active directory and security models would be an advantage.
Who Should Attend: Users who have a good knowledge of Microsoft Project 2013 and will be responsible for managing, maintaining and updating the Project 2013 Server database and user information.
Upon completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
Understand Project Server 2013 Administration Concepts & Setup
- Understand the different areas of the PWA Home page and links from it.
- Understand authentication - types and logins.
- Demonstrate how to view, edit, and update projects & tasks
- Understand how to reject, create, and delegate task assignments.
- Show how to view projects in the Project Center & how to create and maintain the views.
- Show how to view resources in the Resource Center & how to create the views.
- Demonstrate how to view resource and assignment data related to one or more projects.
- Understand how to edit enterprise resource information.
- Describe how to review an archive of object data.
- View and update task changes to a Microsoft Project plan.
- View and update calendar changes.
- Set up rules to automatically update projects.
- View a historical archive of task updates.
- Understand Check In/Check Out of Projects and resources.
- Understand Categories/Groups/Permissions & Security Templates and how to use these to configure the system. Essential for analyzing the business and how EPM can be adopted.
- Understand how data is stored in Project Server Databases and in SharePoint.
- Understand the difference between permissions modes
- Understand time tracking and options
- Understand Enterprise Custom fields and look up tables
- Understand how to create KPI’s/graphical indicators
- Understand reporting capabilities esp through OData.
Project 2013 Server Administration
- Understand the different Administration options.
- Understand the communication and messaging process.
- Understand the Task Views, Time Periods, Fiscal Periods and options.
- Describe the provisioning process for creating workspaces.
- Understand how to view and upload documents for projects and public documents.
- Demonstrate searching of documents in the document libraries.
- Understand how to create and edit an issue or risk.
- Understand how to customize Issue and risk fields and views.
- Describe what Microsoft Project Server is and what it is used for.
- Demonstrate connecting Microsoft Project to Microsoft Project Server.
- Understand the functionality of Microsoft Project Server.
- Understand the different user types and the how they interact with Microsoft Project Server and the functionality of each, as well as how to modify permissions.
- Understand the responsibilities of a Microsoft Project Server Administrator and adopt best practices.
- Discuss the various views available, their purpose and how to customize them.
- Understand the integration of SharePoint from the Microsoft administration perspective.
- Understand the Databases in Project Server and how they interact.
- Understand Reporting and Business Intelligence capabilities in EPM 2013.
- Describe license management within Project Server 2013
- Discuss maintenance of clean data in the Microsoft Project Server database.
- Understand how security works within Microsoft Project Server.
- Demonstrate the process for setting permissions.
- Understand the process for time tracking and progressing updates.
- Understand and edit the Resource Breakdown Structure.
- Understand the Administration options in Project Server and how to use them.
- Demonstrate and understand the significance of Outline code fields at Project, Task and Resource level.
- Understand the Portfolio capabilities in Project Server (Overview)
- Understand ULS, Messaging logs, and the Queue services in Project Server.
- Describe, understand and be able to apply Multi-value fields.
- Understand the Active Cache is and how it works.
Save This Event
When & Where
Technology Associates is one of the leading IT solutions companies specialising in Microsoft Project and Enterprise Project Management Solutions. Since 1990, Technology Associates have provided deployment, consultancy, development and training services to more than 500 organisations including some of the world's leading companies, and we have an international presence in countries in EMEA, USA, and APAC.
Technology Associates have deployed hundreds of EPM solutions and deployed more than 2,000 Microsoft Project solutions. The company holds Microsoft Gold Competencies in Project & Portfolio Management, Application Integration and as an ISV, along with eight other silver competencies. With such a stong technical tour-de-force we have built a solid reputation for delivering high quality services and solutions, and providing exceptional value for money. Headquartered in the United Kingdom, with Offices in New York, San Francisco, India and Barcelona, and a strategic partner network covering AsiaPac, Middle East and ROW, we work internationally in delivering IT solutions to our customer base in over 39 countries.
Find out more at www.techassoc.com
Follow us on Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/TechAssoc
Follow us on Facebook :-
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel : +44 (0) 1789 292150