The intention of MiFID II is to strengthen Investor Protection. Whereas delivery teams are facing technical and scope challenges, not all of the business stakeholders are equipped to support the delivery. Forte Markets conducted a recent study of a UK FI and identified that the front line, 'The Business', were unaware of full impact of MIFID II. For example, best execution, investor protection, and the scope of Treasury products that now fall into the MIFID II space were not fully understood.
Experiencing the scope and complexity of complying with the Investor Protection changes, firms are rushing to catalyse their efforts to prepare for compliance to avoid the wrath of the regulators but also to stay ahead of their competitors in ever more competitive markets.
Understand the Overall Structure of MIFID II
Deep Dive into the Investor Protection Components of MIFID II
Understand the Changes to Client Classifications
Understand the Changes to Suitability and Appropriateness Checks
Understand the Changes to Product Governance
Understand the Changes to Offerings & Inducements
MIFID II Overview / Summary:
- List The Main Themes of MIFID II
- Where does Investor Protection Fit into the New Regulation ?
Investor Protection Overview:
- Independent Advice - Key Changes
- Categories of clients
- Client Notifications
- Suitability Assessments - Key Changes
- Appropriateness Assessments - Key Changes
- Product Manufacturers vs Distributors
- Cross Selling Guidelines
- Key Challenges
PRODUCT GOVERNANCE WORKSHOP — Case Study
Conflicts & Inducements:
- Conflicts of Interest—MiFID I vs MiFID II
- Inducements—MIFID I vs MIFID II Requirements
- Key Challenge: Ban on Commission/Rebates
Investor Protection Confirmed Readiness (Hands On Workshop Session)
How do you actually prove to the regulator that you are ready for MIFID II Compliance Investor Protection Rules?
Traceability of the MIFID II Rules across:
- The Appropriate Compliance Policy
- The Target Operating Model
- Technology Changes
DELIVERY TIMELINES / PLAN ON A PAGE
END OF WORKSHOP