Actions and Detail Panel
Migration: Having Tricky Conversations - 27 April
Thu 27 April 2017, 19:00 – 22:00 BST
Uncomfortable with the portrayal of immigration and refugees?
Afraid to start a conversation about immigration?
Want to talk about immigration in a positive way?
Learn the skills needed to have difficult conversations around immigration, and challenge predujiced views.
This free training focuses on the techniques needed to bring people around to a different way of thinking, and how to effectively and respectfully navigate challenging conversations about migration and multiculturism.
Some of the topics we will cover:
- Who do we need to speak to? How?
- The myth of mythbusting and the power of narrative.
- Empathetic Listening & Socratic Questioning (learning lessons from USA LGBT campaigners)
- Putting skills to practice in the community.
- Learning to create inclusive local narratives through shared action.
Numbers for this course are limited.