Actions and Detail Panel
Migration: Having Tricky Conversations
Sat 3 December 2016, 13:30 – 16:30 GMT
Uncomfortable with the portrayal of immigration and refugees?
Afraid to start a conversation about immigration?
Want to talk about immigration in a positive way?
Learn the skills needed to have difficult conversations around immigration, and challenge predujiced views.
This free training focuses on the techniques needed to bring people around to a different way of thinking, and how to effectively and respectfully navigate challenging conversations about migration and multiculturism.
Some of the topics we will cover:
- Who do we need to speak to? How?
- The myth of mythbusting and the power of narrative.
- Empathetic Listening & Socratic Questioning (learning lessons from USA LGBT campaigners)
- Putting skills to practice in the community.
- Learning to create inclusive local narratives through shared action.
Numbers for this course are limited. Please be aware that registration is not confirmation of your place on the course. Your place will be confirmed by email.