Actions and Detail Panel
Mind-Body, Breath-Energy Wellbeing Drop-In Workshop - London 19/20 Nov 2016
Sun 20 November 2016, 10:00 – 15:00 GMT
Everyone is welcome to drop in to this workshop led by Dr Alex Boyd PhD from Lishi International and the International Daoist Society. We want you to feel awesome through experiencing even just a little bit of HEAVEN-ON-EARTH in London!
Great for actors, performers, musician, and creatives of all kinds, (http://acting.lishi.org/) this is a family friendly workshop (kids over 7-8 years who can focus and practice the playful exercises are welcome). You'll be led through a series of therapeutic psycho-somatic ancient Daoist exercises that promote holistic wellbeing through:
- postural alignment - opening awareness and stabalising sacral to cranial sections of the spine and the main joints of the body
- release of antagonistic fascial, respiratory and emotional tensions through passive and active response training
- mindbody re-wiring to de-habitualise and let go of limiting patterns of attitude and behaviour
- inner love making and radiation of loving energy through recognising and harmonising the yin and yang within yourself and in your relationships
- developing your inner bliss, peace and awe through realising and maximising your self potential and ability to contribute to other people's growth
'Lishi' (pronounced 'Lee-Sher') is an ancient way of empowering you in modern times! It is a Daoist embodied practice from northern China similar to Dragon Gate (Longmen).
Ideal for actors, musicians, dancers, circus people, sports people and anyone who performs in any way (i.e. everyone!). Lishi is all about MindBody/BreathEnergy - Energy (Qi) is the Presence that directs an audiences attention or connects performers together and with audiences. Lishi training teaches people specifically about this - qualities of energy and options for how to use it - see http://acting.lishi.org
Free Chinese tea will be served during breaks and please bring along something to eat for during the lunch-break.
Donations are expected to be a minimum of £5 - £10 per hour depending on your personal circumstances.
Drop-in means that you can stay as long as you would like to on the Saturday (starting at 1pm) and on the Sunday (from 10am) - it's important that you participate in the warm-up (activisation) at the start of the session so please arrive 5-10 minutes early and bring loose fitting clothing and (recommended) lightweight indoor footwear such as plimsols. We also suggest bringing a towel and change of clothes because sometime moderate exercises can really get the energy flowing!
If you are visiting London specifically for the workshop we can try and help you find free or cheap accomodation with friends and family of people in our network - please contact us.
Please consult a GP for advice if you are in any doubt whether taking part in a low to moderate intensity movement and exercise workshop is for you.