This introduction to Mindfulness Taster Session from MindWorks (www.mindworks1.org) is held in a friendly and supportive environment where you can relax and let go of everyday stress. It is the first session of an eight week course that you are welcome to sign up to either before or after the taster.
We base our courses on the Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) programme and Professor Mark Williams' book 'Finding Peace in a Frantic World. MBSR has been clinically proven to have a range of positive effects including reducing stress and anxiety. We combine the scientifically proven methods with a fun, lighthearted approach to give you all the skills and inspiration you need to bring mindfulness into your life and improve your physical and mental health.
The Taster Session includes:
- An introduction to what Mindfulness is and where it comes from
- The benefits of Mindfulness and the scientific evidence
- Simple but powerful techniques to bring mindfulness into your life
- Some gentle mindful movement
- Guided meditations
- An introduction to the eight week Foundation Mindfulness Course