Actions and Detail Panel
Mon 21 November 2016, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT
Minutes are vital to the success of a meeting as participants at the meeting and those not in attendance will rely on them to familiarise themselves with what was discussed, what was decided and what follow-up actions were agreed. To a business minutes are extremely important as they can be used to demonstrate governance and in some cases compliance with legal requirements. When you consider this investing in the skills of staff to develop minute taking abilities is a necessity not a luxury.
Business meetings may be conducted formally or informally, depending on the company and the circumstances. Taking good minutes during a business meeting can be a crucial time and headache saver and it's a skill that is greatly appreciated by employers. Since the minutes will serve as an official record of what took place during the meeting, they must be very accurate.
This 1 day training course is designed to help the minute-taker take notes that are accurate, and to produce minutes with speed and confidence every time.
Who should attend?
This is a level 1 course and is relevant to both experienced and inexperienced minute takers, using a blended learning approach delegates will be provided the opportunity to develop new and improve existing skills to help remove the barriers to effective minute taking.
- Understand the purpose and various types of minutes
- Writing styles and what to avoid
- Working in partnership with the Chair
- Using the agenda in practice
- Improving your listening skills
- Note taking - practical exercises
- Being selective and sorting information effectively
- Defining a good set of minutes
- Correct tone and professional language
By the end of this course the delegate will be able to:
- Prepare effectively for a meeting when responsible for taking minutes
- Develop effective listening skills and recognise the common obstacles to listening
- Take effective notes during the meeting
- Select the important and significant points for the meeting
- Follow accepted conventions for the format of the meeting
- Produce a clear and accurate set of minutes
This course is available as part of our scheduled courses and onsite corporate training