MIPAA Business Academy presents:
2016 Annual Conference: Big Stories
Kindly hosted by Volkswagen UK
The 2016 MIPAA Annual Conference : Big Stories tackles some of the major issues facing professional communicators in the motor industry.
The conference programme offers Big Insights into a range of topics:
- Opening thoughts... in the driving seat to chair the morning sessions is Matt Franey, Managing Director of FP Creative, who will provide a view on Constructive Journalism.
- Talking about.... Brexit and the post-factual world panel discussion including Howard Kosky (CEO & Founder of marketiers4dc group)
- Insight into... Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies with Neville Hobson, Senior Managing Consultant, IBM Social Consulting
- Differences of opinion... witness the battle of the engineers over the rise of the robots through automated driving. Featuring:
The afternoon shifts the focus onto communication channels with the theme of Big Stories:
- Post-lunch perspective... MIPAA Chairman and Head of External Communications at Cox Automotive UK, Tom Callow, sets the scene of contemporary communication changes and challenges
- Keynote speaker... prepare for some Big Stories from Steve Fowler, editor-in-chief, Auto Express & Carbuyer at Dennis Publishing
- Brands as multimedia storytellers + publishers... sharing case study lessons with Martin Kevill, content strategists, Tangerine Communications.
- The PR Talent Hunt... from interns to chief communications officers, we look at attracting top talent to motor industry PR/communications. Session led by Al Clarke, chairman of the advisory board of the automotive executive search organisation, Ennis & Co and professional development consultant, Heather Yaxley.
- Generational communications... we take an original look at the communications needs of different generations in an always-on, mobile first, digital world with Ivan Palmer of advocacy agency, The Social Partners.
The MIPAA annual conference is designed to provide practical strategic insight into key business matters. It will share new thinking, best practice approaches, advice and a real-world focus on effective solutions to existing and emerging challenges facing experienced communicators and PR managers working in consultancies and in-house roles.
Date: Friday 21 October 2016
Venue: Volkswagen Group National Learning Centre Garamonde Drive, Wymbush, Milton Keynes MK8 8DF
Cost: Member rate: No charge (provided 2016 subscription is paid) | Non-member rate £90.00 per person (plus VAT + booking fee)