- Basic normal forms, data structures and data types make you understand why the database is designed the way it is
- The query optimizer, workers and threads show us how the query actually gets executed inside the engine
- Isolation levels and locking provide us with knowledge about concurrency and blocking issues
- Having fun with T-SQL tips and tricks will teach you to write better queries. Diving into the .Net SqlClient will teach you some interesting database access features to make your programming easier
- Saving the best for last, we'll look at a few attack vectors that can be used against your company, not only focusing on SQL Server,and what you as a developer can and should do to protect against them
When & Where
Southampton Data Platform User Group
Southampton Data Platform user group has been running since 2010, in that time we have had many speakers both local and international present high quality sessions on a range of SQL Server and data platform topics. We aim to deliver high quality training and insight for free to the SQL Server community. We meet on the first Wednesday of each month (except January).
The user group has been run by John Q Martin (Twitter | LinkedIn) & Steph Middleton (Twitter | LinkedIn) for the last four years, in which time we have seen the group grow significatly with members joining and moving on.
We are sponsored by SpectrumIT who are a local recruitment company, setup by recrutiment agents who have helped us by providing the location, Pizza and an Amazon voucher to raffle off each meeting.