Actions and Detail Panel
Modern Day Slavery and Human Trafficking
Wed 28 June 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 BST
This course has been designed to give front line practitioners from any agency a basic awareness of what constitutes Modern Day Slavery and Trafficking in Human Beings (THB).
It will enable participants to better identify victims of THB, improving their responses, further developing a victim centred approach. Understanding the needs of the victims from the psychological, therapeutic and investigative perspective will be explored.
The course will cover all forms of Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking into, within, and out of the UK incorporating National and International legislation and explain new statutory reporting duties for Police and local authority staff.
- To give the front line practitioner a basic awareness of what constitutes Trafficking in Human Beings (THB).
- Through an introduction to the National Referral Mechanism, delegates will have knowledge and confidence in identifying victims of Modern Day Slavery and THB.
- Develop an awareness of how Modern Day Slavery Legislation and how it can be used to combat cases of Child Sexual Exploitation.
- Gain a greater understanding of the needs of victims from psychological, investigative and therapeutic perspective.
- The course will provide delegates with information on each form of Human Trafficking into, within and out of the UK incorporating National and International Legislation.
- Dietary / Personal Requirements
Should you have any dietary requirements or any personal needs requiring adjustments to be made to the facilities or delivery style of the event, please make contact prior to the event, via email through firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01332 585371.
- Transport and parking information
The venue is located on the East Service Road just off Raynesway (A5111). Turn into the Riverside Business Park and follow it to the right and right again into the large car park - you can park anywhere in the car park for free and head for the far left corner where our offices are located.
We are easy accessibility to J24 of the M1 and East Midlands Airport via the A50, reached by the A5111 and A6. The adjacent A52 dual carriageway is one of the city's principle transport routes, connection with J25 of the M1 to the east before passing into the neighbouring city of Nottingham.
It is a 20 minute cycle or a 10 minute taxi ride from the closest train station (Derby) or a 40/50 minute walk along the river!
Please note that unfortunately our offices are not step free.
- What is the refund policy?
Once a place is secured you may amend your delegate name without charge. You may cancel your booking up to one calendar month without charge. Any cancellations made within two weeks of the seminar date will incur 50% charge. Any cancellations made within a week of the forum date will be liable for full payment. If we cancel the forum for any reason, we will refund 100% of the fee, but will not be held liable for any travel or accommodation costs incurred. We always endeavour to reschedule a forum as opposed to cancelling it.
- Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
In the event of you being unable to attend you may transfer your ticket to a colleague with prior permission from the NWG.
Please note that a Gold member may only transfer to another Gold member and a non-member to a non-member. Please email email@example.com to amend.
Should you have any queries or require any further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org