Actions and Detail Panel
Module 10 - First Aid - 4 December 2016
Sun 4 December 2016, 09:00 – 16:00 GMT
Module 10: First Aid is a mandatory training module for leaders and assistant leaders. It must be completed every three years.
Please wear comfortable clothing (uniform not required). We wil provide lunch for all participants and refreshments throughout the day
This module aims to cover the skills and knowledge necessary to enable adults to manage an incident and provide basic first aid.
- The principles of first aid and initial response (arriving at and managing an incident)
- Emergency life support (DRABC, and the recovery position)
- CPR, including technique for children
- Bleeding (major and minor)
- Causes and treatment of unconsciousness
- Heat exhaustion, heat-stroke, dehydration and hypothermia
- Burns and scalds
- Fractures and soft tissue injuries
- Minor injuries (for example, cuts, grazes and nosebleeds)