Modules 12a & 12b - 13:30-16:30
Module 12a – Delivering a Quality Programme
To provide leaders, managers and supporters with information about how we deliver quality Scouting to young people, and how we ensure it meets their needs.
- Key elements of the programme for each section
- Badges and awards
- Reviewing the programme
- The Young Leaders’ Scheme
- Youth shaped Scouting
Module 12b – Programme Planning
To provide section leaders with an opportunity to plan and review a sectional programme including the use of a variety of methods to generate programme ideas.
- How to create an exciting and relevant programme
- How to generate programme ideas
- How to review a programme to enhance it
Module 17 – Running Safe Activities - 09:00-10:45
To enable adults to plan and run exciting, safe and developmental activities for the young people in their section.
- Importance of activities in a balanced programme
- Planning and carrying out activities safely
- Risk Assessment
- Leader in charge
Module 19 – International - 11:00-13:00
To provide an international focus appropriate to their section and appreciate the global nature of Scouting.
- World-wide family of Scouting
- International aspects of the programme
- International events and activities
- Programme ideas