Monitoring the Natural, Urban and Industrial Environment: A Focus on EA Regulation and the Impact of the Water Framework Directive
If you are an Environmental Permit Holder or practitioner concerned by the Water Framework Directive, water quality measurement, effluent flow monitoring or MCERTS you will benefit from this free event.
Monitoring discharges within the natural, urban and industrial environment presents a range of challenges, from a practical, regulatory and legislative perspective. Implementation of the Water Framework Directive as a mechanism to drive and achieve sustainable water resources through ‘good chemical and ecological status’ by 2015 means that providing a forum to discuss these issues could not be more appropriate. From an industrial perspective, developments in legislation and initiatives including MCERTS and the Operator Monitoring Assessment have gone a long way to improve standards and working practice.
Please arrive by 9.30am ready to be seated for the morning session at 10am. Tea & Coffee will be served on arrival.
Morning Session: Monitoring the Aquatic and Urban Environment
- Professor Richard Ashley, Ecofutures - Keynote Address: Accrediting Stormwater Systems for Compliance with the Water Framework Directive
- Kieran Williams, Environmental Monitoring Solutions Ltd - StormCatcher: Event and Resource Management using Remote Technology
- Erica Kemp, ECUS - The Water Framework Directive: Biological Monitoring for ‘Good’ Ecological Condition
- Rick Dey, Teledyne Isco - Monitoring Technology Update
Afternoon Session: Monitoring the Industrial Environment
- Emily Jarvis, SIRA - MCERTS: Dispelling the Myths
- Paul Wiggins, Environment Agency - Operator Monitoring Assessment
- Rebecca Chapman, Environmental Monitoring Solutions Ltd - Environmental Compliance: Our Top 5
- Rick Dey, Teledyne Isco - Industrial Technology Update
When & Where
Square 5 Ltd
Based in Electric Works, Square 5 are business development and communication specialists helping SMEs to increase their profitability. Square 5 do this through five key service areas: Business Development, Business Networks, Project Management, Marketing & PR and Event Management.