Actions and Detail Panel
Monthly Therapeutic Meditation & Relaxation Class
Sun 4 June 2017, 11:00 – 12:00 BST
Therapeutic Meditation & Relaxation Class on the first Sunday of every month at Cornwall Yoga Centre, Truro.
WELCOME TO 60 MINUTES OF BLISS!
What is a therapeutic meditation & relaxation group?
Beginners welcome. This is not sitting in silence for an hour – this is a fun time to learn different techniques to influence your mind and physiology in a positive way!
At the sessions we do not worry about reaching spiritual goals or even whether we are completing the exercises perfectly. We do not affiliate ourselves with any religion or genre of meditation in particular. We simply get together and experience the remedial benefits of meditation and relaxation.
I hope that with regular attendance, your stress levels will come down, you will feel more balanced and you will have a ‘relaxation tool kit’ at your disposal in day-to-day life.
Our main focus is to:
• Learn how to relax deeply.
• Switch off and learn to control our physiological stress responses.
• Inquire into the nature of our minds.
• Practice detaching ourselves from unhelpful thought patterns.
• Get our body and mind to move out of fear/fight/ flight mode.
Each month we will typically do some of the following:
• Learn a breathing exercise.
• Take part in a guided relaxation.
• Complete some form of positive visualisation.
• Have a discussion about a related topic.
• Practice a meditation technique.
• Have some time for some self-directed meditation at the end (or simply sit peacefully).
Perhaps you have tried meditation before and not been able to get the hang of it. Don’t worry! Perhaps a health professional has recommended that you manage your stress levels and try to relax. Perhaps you have a busy life and desperately need to take some time out for you.
Come and join us for a monthly therapeutic mediation and relaxation class.
Join our Facebook group to stay in touch!
Please wear comfortable clothing. Yoga mats provided but you may wish to bring along a cushion or pillow to be comfortable. We will be sitting and lying down during the session.