This two-day course (run over two consecutive Saturdays), is delivered in partnership with GlobeStream.
It will introduces key concepts within After Effects, giving a thorough grounding in the compositing process - from preparing still and moving image assets to keyframe manipulation, masking, parenting, nesting and rendering a final composition allowing for a confident and effective workflow.
This course will enable you to:
- Understand the capabilities of After Effects
- Understand an efficient process for compositing, from preparing assets to exporting
- Be able to animate and composite quickly and work effectively
- Create animations using key frames and get to grips with keyframe interpolation
- Animate using Bezier motion paths
- Create motion graphics using After Effects’ inbuilt title and effects filters using the shape layers and title tool
- Animate layers
- Understand parenting
- Work with masks
- Use filters for special effects on video and other assets
- Incorporate video with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator graphics
- Render out your final project for different contexts
- Output digital files in the correct format for your work.
Who should attend?
For graphic designers and compositors, you will learn how to use a powerful, professional and effective compositing application, which is the mainstay of many moving image workflows.
For non-compositors, this course will aid your professional development by giving you a good insight of the compositing process and equip you with the tools to both produce your own composites and motion graphics and to understand the workflow preparation for using After Effects.
How many places are there?
There will be a maximum of 8 people on this course. We keep our attendee numbers low so that your training experience is more personalised.
What's included in the price?
Course fees include lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Testimonials from clients
“Great structure . . . relevant amount of time spent on each section.”
Emma Dobson, Independent Producer/Director
“Course really served its purpose... very accommodating and helpful. Thanks!”
About Globestream Training
Connecting industry experience with structured learning
GlobeStream Training courses are designed and taught by tutors working internationally with some of the industry’s top creative companies.
Courses are aimed at media and creative professionals as well as students of film, broadcast, journalism, advertising, marketing and PR looking to develop their skills to meet the latest requirements of working in the continually evolving media domain.
When & Where
Ravensbourne is a world-class digital destination developing talented individuals and leading-edge businesses through learning, skills, applied research, enterprise and innovation.
We moved to our brand new state of the art building in October 2010, which is HD and tapeless throughout. We work with leading employers such as MTV, Turner Broadcasting, BBH and Ogilvy to deliver training in the latest technologies and working practices.