Actions and Detail Panel
Motivational Interviewing (Two day course: 17th January and 24th January)
Tue 17 January 2017, 09:30 – 16:30 GMT
This is a two day course, held on 17th January and 24th January.
There is also an online preparation part to the course. The course is suitable for all front-line staff and volunteers.
Aims of the course
The course is appropriate for practitioners who are in the role of conducting one-to-one therapeutic discussions with people using our services. The focus is on making and sustaining healthy behaviour changes. As an introductory course, participants will begin to develop knowledge and skills in motivational interviewing and seek to support practitioners to work towards improving service user outcomes.
Objectives of the course
On completion of the course, participants will have:
- Defined the nature of ambivalence about change
- Applied the spirit of motivational interviewing, integrating the Integrating an established counselling skills methodology (*OARS) to engage a person in personal conversation
- Analysed how motivational interviewing can influence change by intentionally evoking and strengthening natural language (change talk)
- Identified how motivational interviewing may be used within practice setting.
* O.A.R.S. reflects the following elements - Open-ended Questions; Affirmations; Reflective listening; Summaries. (Source: Miller & Rollnick, 1993)
Terms and Conditions
Training booking on Eventbrite must be paid by credit or debit card using Visa, Mastercard or American express. In exceptional circumstances, credit facilities may be available. Please contact the organiser to discuss your request at email@example.com or 0131 225 8508.
If you need to cancel your booking and give more than two weeks’ notice, we will refund your payment in full. If you cancel with less than two weeks’ notice, we will refund 50% of your fee.