Actions and Detail Panel
Mountain Bike Coach Development (Woman's Only)
Sun 23 April 2017, 10:00 – 17:00 BST
Following on from the success of sessions in 2016 Scottish Cycling is once again offering MTB coaches the opportunity to develop their coaching through five dedicated coach development sessions in 2017.
The MTB coach development sessions are tutor led coach development sessions. Each session will specifically address two elements of coaching: one technical aspect of mountain biking and one coaching skill (pedagogical). Combined, coaches will gain knowledge and become more effective at the same time.
- Develop discipline specific coaching expertise
- Increase knowledge
- Improve practice
- Build on the knowledge gained at L2 MTB course
- Move coaches up the pathway
- Network and share idea’s with other coaches
- All MTB coaches wanting to develop their coaching
- Aspirant MTB coaches that are aiming to complete the L2 MTB course in the near future
- Returning coaches who want to further their knowledge
- NEW coaches
Each session will be approximately a day in duration and incorporate several practical coaching activities and some theory (80/20). Included will be expert coaching demonstrations, tailor-made resources, planned coaching challenges, innovation sessions, peer to peer coaching as well as tutor led coaching.
The sessions are designed in such a way that they can be attended as stand-alone one off session, or if all are attended the sessions will take coaches on a journey layering knowledge session by session.
Coaching focus – Building Technical knowledge and confidence
Technical focus – "Needs Led" - we will survey the coaches before attending
For this session alone we are opening the session to non- coaches to provide an insight and pathway to coaching.