Actions and Detail Panel
Movie Magic Budgeting (v7), London 2017
Movie Magic Budgeting (version 7)
- On this one day course the use of Movie Magic Budgeting software is provided for each attendee.
- If you wish to take your work away please bring a USB stick drive.
Movie Magic Budgeting is the world-wide standard film and television budgeting programme, which is used to budget feature films, TV drama, short films, documentary or indeed any genre of show, including animation and theatre.
This one-day course covers the basics of budgeting including theory and terminology upon which Movie Magic Budgeting is based. Working on the schedules generated in the previous day’s Movie Magic Scheduling class as a working example, you will explore the functionality of Movie Magic Budgeting.
The course will cover choosing from the numerous budget templates available in Movie Magic Budgeting, setting up the budget to use the currency/currencies of choice, use of Globals which make the software so powerful, to setting up groups which allow advanced production scenario comparisons, to such difficult tasks as applying fringe benefits, which in Movie Magic Budgeting are a breeze.
The course aims to familiarise you with the methods used to utilise the initially simple interface of Movie Magic Budgeting to allow you to create everything from the simplest short film budget to a complex production budget. Whilst mathematical knowledge is needed, no calculators are required for this class.
Required: Basic experience in Movie Magic Scheduling
Tutor: Dewi Griffiths
Biog: Dewi has worked in feature film and TV drama production for over thirty years, as Assistant Director, Production Manager, Line Producer and Producer.
Dewi worked for BBC, S4C, ITV, Sky, and Merchant Ivory. Also working in British film schools before being head hunted by the AFI and USC Film School to head up Producing at The Red Sea Institute of Cinematic Arts in Jordan.
Today Dewi runs his own TV & feature film production company, trains in Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting for major training providers, as well as being a qualified Production Health & Safety officer.
Time: 09.30am - 5.00pm
Cost: £110 BECTU members / £140, Associate members £170 / non BECTU members
We appreciate that when circumstances change you may no longer be able to attend a training course date you have already booked and paid for.
Whilst we will always try our best to accommodate any alterations to your plans, BECTU has a standard cancellation policy which is as follows:
- If you notify us (phone/email) 3 full days or longer before the scheduled course date you will not be charged and will be refunded in full any course fees you have paid.
- For any cancellation you make that is less than 3 full days before the course date, you will be charged 50% of the total course fee with 50% refunded. This is unless you can demonstrate to us extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not attend the course and/or fail to notify us in advance you will be charged the full course fee.
- We are unable to reimburse any non-transferable travel or accommodation expenses that may arise from a course being re-scheduled or cancelled.
BECTU reserves the right to cancel courses without liability. However, where possible, delegates will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.