Actions and Detail Panel
Movie Magic Scheduling (v6), London 2017
Wed 15 February 2017, 09:30 – 17:00 GMT
Movie Magic Scheduling (v6)
- On this one day course the use of Movie Magic Scheduling software is provided for each attendee.
- Attendees should bring along pens including highlighters in order to split the sample script, and if you wish to take your work away please bring a USB stick drive.
which begins with an introduction to the principles of scheduling, breaking down the script, then utilising the Movie Magic Scheduling software to imput data, create a schedule ( including multiple schedules ), and generating numerous reports for all crewing departments.
This one day course uses a short film as a practical working example and is suitable for the novice user to intermediate users.
Movie Magic Scheduling is the industry standard drama scheduling software, used on productions as diverse as feature films through to continuing drama, across the world.
Tutor: Dewi Griffiths
Biog: Dewi has worked in feature film and TV drama production for over thirty years, as Assistant Director, Production Manager, Line Producer and Producer.
Dewi worked for BBC, S4C, ITV, Sky, and Merchant Ivory. Also working in British film schools before being head hunted by the AFI and USC Film School to head up Producing at The Red Sea Institute of Cinematic Arts in Jordan.
Today Dewi runs his own TV & feature film production company, trains in Movie Magic Scheduling and Budgeting for major training providers, as well as being a qualified Production Health & Safety officer.
Time: 09.30am - 5.00pm
Cost: £110 BECTU members / £140, Associate members £170 / non BECTU members
We appreciate that when circumstances change you may no longer be able to attend a training course date you have already booked and paid for.
Whilst we will always try our best to accommodate any alterations to your plans, BECTU has a standard cancellation policy which is as follows:
- If you notify us (phone/email) 3 full days or longer before the scheduled course date you will not be charged and will be refunded in full any course fees you have paid.
- For any cancellation you make that is less than 3 full days before the course date, you will be charged 50% of the total course fee with 50% refunded. This is unless you can demonstrate to us extenuating circumstances.
- If you do not attend the course and/or fail to notify us in advance you will be charged the full course fee.
- We are unable to reimburse any non-transferable travel or accommodation expenses that may arise from a course being re-scheduled or cancelled.
BECTU reserves the right to cancel courses without liability. However, where possible, delegates will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.