Actions and Detail Panel
Moving into Independent Practice or 'Look Before You Leap' a course for Occ...
Tue 2 May 2017, 10:00 – 16:30 BST
This is an essential workshop for all occupational therapists who are considering venturing into independent practice/private sector, as well as those who have already made the leap and want to make sure they've covered all the essentials. It will provide a broad understanding of the practical aspects of business set up and the opportunity to explore the rewards and challenges that it brings.
At the end of the workshop delegates will have:
1. discovered the personal and business skills required for confident business development;
2. explored how other OTs have approached independent practice and applied different models of success;
3. appraised the factors that impact on achieving a healthy cash flow;
4. identified the practical requirements for managing finances;
5. summarised the legal requirements for business start up;
6. recognised the value of developing good customer relations;
7. had an opportunity to reflect on their personal situation and determine whether independent practice is for them.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The venue is five minutes walk from London Bridge overground and underground stations. There is no free parking.
Is the course accessible for people with special needs?
The venue has ramp/wheelchair access. We can provide a hearing loop on request. If you'd like to discuss how we can meet your special needs please contact the organisers.
Will you cater for my special dietary needs?
We always offer vegetarian and nut-free lunch options. Please contact the organisers if you need to tell us about any allergies or other special dietary needs you may have.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For any questions email our team at: email@example.com
Is my registration transferrable?
Registration is not transferrable.
Can I get a refund if I can't come?
If you cancel before Tuesday 11th April 2017 and within 14 working days of your booking, we will give you a full refund. We regret won't be able to guarantee any refunds to anyone who cancels after 11th April 2017. But if it's an exceptional circumstance please contact us and if we are able to re-sell your ticket, we will try and refund at least 50% of the price.