The North-West region is home to more supported asylum seekers than any area outside London. As these new communities take root and build lives, understanding their needs and aspirations is increasingly important for commissioners and providers of public services.
Over the summer, TS4SE Co-operative in association with the Big Lottery Fund and Manchester CCGs has been working with community members to co-produce insight reports and a range of information to help new communities and service providers understand each other. Join us from 9am to 4pm on Wednesday 05 October for an interactive day of learning and information sharing with members of Manchester’s new and developing migrant communities.
The event will include:
- Launch of co-produced report on new and developing communities in Manchester with contributions and insight from Roma; Eritrean; Syrian; Anglophone African; Francophone African; Somali and Kurdish communities as well as Women Asylum Seekers together (WAST).
- Launch of free information in community languages for GP practices, health professionals and service providers
- Workshop on working effectively with interpreters
- Workshop on including migrant communities in JSNA
- Launch of ‘Moving Lives’ - two short training films produced with the Roma and Eritrean communities of Manchester.
This event is especially useful for commissioners, service providers, public health specialists, frontline health and social care professionals, voluntary and community sector partners and allies, but we welcome anyone who wants to learn more from (and about) Manchester’s migrant communities.
The event is free of charge. Lunch and refreshments will be provided - please mention when booking if you have any specific dietary or other needs. The venue is fully accessible and close to the city centre - joining instructions will be included with your booking.
We look forward to seeing you there!
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
The lovely people at Bridge 5 Mill have you covered: http://www.merci.org.uk/drupal/visiting
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Yes, please do. Jules@ts4se.org.uk or twitter.com/ts4se
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Yes, it is. As long as you transfer it to someone who will find it useful.
Can I update my registration information?
Yes you can.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope. We just need your name.