Actions and Detail Panel
Moving On Up
Thu 23 March 2017, 18:30 – 21:00 GMT
You will receive tips and support from experienced human resource professionals, who are all members of the CIPD North London Branch Committee.
Ade is a Chartered Member of the CIPD and is currently employed in an All Through School (Academy). She has over 20 year’s experience as a HR practitioner initially in Training and Development, Generalist HR, HR Business Partnering and currently in Management. Her work background includes NGOs, Local Authority, NHS, Housing and Education. She has an MA in Human Resource Management and a BA in English.
Yetunde is a Chartered Member of the CIPD and currently works in HR for digital capability. She has over 20 years experience as a HR practitioner in the Civil Service covering HR business partner, employee relations, HR policy development, diversity & inclusion among others. She has an MA in Employment Studies & Human Resource Management.
Chantel is an Associate member of the CIPD and is currently employed as a HR Officer within Health Regulation. She has over 5 years’ experience working within the public sector in Administration, Policy and currently Recruitment and Generalist HR. She has an MA in Human Resources Management and a BA in English.
It’s 2017 and you are actively or considering searching for a new job. What do you need to help you succeed in getting either your first job or change jobs? If you have asked yourself this question then come along to our event - ‘Moving on Up’ – where you will get useful tips and support to get you on, or move you up, the career ladder.
• It could be that your cover letter and personal statement need revamping. First impressions count and help take you places!
• Does your CV convince a recruiter that you need further consideration and get you an interview? Do you know what recruiters look for in a cover letter and CV?
• Your application form could be grammatically correct or well written but does it address the competencies that the recruiter is looking for?
• Have you fallen at the assessment centre stage?
• How well do you do at interviews? Do you interpret the interviewers questions well? Do you structure your responses in a way that answers the questions succinctly?
• Are you looking for jobs in the right places and do you make the best use of your networks and marketing opportunities? Have you set objectives/planned a strategy?
Selling yourself is a skill and our aim will be to make you look good to recruiters and potential employers. You have to land that new job in 2017!
This event will last no more than 2 hours, starting at 19:00, with an introductory session and workshops covering:
• Get noticed with your cover letter and personal statement,
• Make your CV stand out from the pack,
• Write a succinct application form that hits the mark,
• Ace the interview, and
• Search for a job - social media, job boards and networking.
18:30 - arrival & refreshments
19:00 - welcome and start of sessions
20:30/21:00 - finish & departure
Cancellations and Refunds Policy
If you are unable to attend an event please give at least 1 working day notice and we will be happy to refund 100% of your booking fee or book you on to a subsequent event to the same value. Cancellations received after this time will be non transferable and non refundable.
Professional photography and video production may be taking place at the event, and these images may be used on future promotional materials for CIPD. Please note that by attending the event, you are giving your consent for your image to be used on any CIPD promotional materials.