Actions and Detail Panel
Moving Towards Commercialisation Workshop
Fri 12 May 2017, 11:00 – 14:30 BST
Workshop: Moving Towards Commercialisation
11am-2.30pm Friday 12 May 2017
The University of Leeds Industry Engagement Academy was formed from funding by the MRC Proximity to Discovery Award to help create opportunities for clinicians and academics from the University of Leeds to engage better with industry.
One scheme within the Academy is to arrange workshops to help academics and clinicians better understand the translation pathway.
The first workshop from the Academy will be Moving towards commercialisation and will focus on topics including:
- Following on from strong science – how to publish and patent
- When to partner on the translational pathway
- What makes the investible proposition?
- Support for innovation
- Reflections from those who have commercialised.
Confirmed speakers include
- Matthew Durdy: Chief Business Officer, Cell and Gene Therapy Catapult
- Sally Price, Incubation manager, BioHub, Alderley Park
- James Gibbons: Senior Commercialisation Manager, RIS - Contracts and Commercialisation, University of Leeds
- Jennifer Kirkham, Head of Oral Biology, University of Leeds
Final agenda to follow, a networking lunch will be provided so please advise of any dietary requirements.
For more information please contact Bethny Morrissey email@example.com