This training is aimed at Aberdeen City Council staff who have some experience of Outlook and want to move on to an intermediate-level standard. It is not aimed at people with no experience of Outlook at all.
The purpose of the training is to provide attendees with familiarity in the functionality of Outlook and how it is used in Aberdeen City Council.
The topics covered include:
- Set up a new Outlook profile
- Set up folders for filing email – Inbox or Cabinet?
- Filing rules
- Change the subject of an email and find the original subject
- Save an unfinished email
- Delegate access
- What you get in your account – GAL, Contacts, Frequent Contacts
- Using the GAL – what type of objects is in it?
- Using GAL Lists
- Setting up additional Contact books
- Adding Contacts
- Sharing address books
- Using address books shared with you
- Setting up personal Lists
- Open your Calendar in a new window
- Giving others access to your Calendar
- Viewing other people’s Calendars
- Putting personal appointments into your Calendar
- Arranging meetings
- Booking rooms
- Using Room Lists to find a free meeting room
- Cancelling a room booking
- Scheduling recurring appointments
- Using Tasks to manage your time
- Scheduling Tasks
- Sharing Tasks
Archived email and Appointments
- Where is your archive?
- What gets archived – when?
The Outlook Web App
- How to log in to Outlook via the Internet
- Using the OWA to send email
- Using the OWA to manage your Calendar
- View another account in the OWA
- Limitations of the OWA for day-to-day use
Other bit and pieces
- Turn an email into an Appointment or Task
- Where to find individual guides with more detail
- Mobile devices