Actions and Detail Panel
Multimedia story-telling for fundraising and pitching to corporates
Tue 27 September 2016, 13:30 – 16:45 BST
‘Great Stories Happen To Those Who Can Tell Them’
How to win pitches for new business through visual story-telling.
To increase the number of corporate partnerships and business clients through video story-telling and scripting. To learn how to enhance and influence ‘the pitch presentation’.
WHO’S IT FOR?
• People whose role involves fundraising, major donors, corporate and community partnerships.
• People whose role involves gaining new clients from business to business.
An overview of visual story-telling for pitching.
• An outline of what visual story-telling for pitching involves, from the sourcing of stories to writing the script, breaking down the main genres and multi-media platforms of visual story-telling.
• Demonstrations of how to adapt stories to different audiences, from CEO’s, middle management, businesses and stakeholders. Ability to recognize the ‘emotional tug’ that draws in the target viewers.
• Understanding how to influence and build a story visually around the interests of the target audience, implementing the building blocks of story-telling and scripting.
• How to conduct the final pitch – learning a structured pitch involving a video/visual presentation and the catered communications around it.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED
Do bring along a smartphone or tablet to try out some of the ideas, techniques and tools that we shall cover.
Anshu Rastogi is a media video consultant. She has worked with the BBC, ITV & Channel 4, News UK, Citi, Universal Publishing Production Music, MTC Novo, Amnesty International, DV8 Physical Theatre, GWD & Plan International.
WHAT OTHER DELEGATES SAY
"I have enjoyed my time working with Anshu as both a video consultant and trainer. She supported our video content and training at Plan UK making it easy to understand and offering simple but effective tools to scripting, shooting, editing and story-telling."
Sandra Brobbey, PR Manager, Teens and Toddlers.
"Anshu's training and work inspired and engaged supporters and staff alike because of her ability to tell stories emotionally whilst maintaining the integrity and dignity of the subjects. I would highly recommend Anshu and her consultancy work."
Dean Anderson, Director of Fundraising, Carers Trust.
"Anshu's style is warm and engaging. Her training is revealing and insightful. By the end of it you will be well versed in media story-telling, video production and scripting."
Andy Shipley, News Editor, Plan UK.