San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Cost: £25 plus £2.25 booking fee
Presentation led Catherine O'Mahony, CLCH Associate Careers Adviser
- Overview of the UK music sector
- Employment in the music sector
- Routes into music careers
- Potential barriers for your clients
- Q & A with people working in the music sector
- Oliver Morris - Director of Education and Skills, UK Music
- Katherine Good - Apprentice, UK Music
- James Watts - Musician, Music Journalist and Promotional Events Managers for BIMM
- Tony Moss - Music publisher and industry consultant
- MoJen Jenkins - Creative Director, The Noisemakers
Catherine O'Mahony qualified as a careers advisor in 2002 and has worked as a careers advisor, personal adviser, manager and information specialist in careers and Connexions services all over London. Prior to this, she spent four years as a freelance music journalist and still spends her spare time frequenting gigs in dingy London venues! She currently works part-time as a careers advisor in Tower Hamlets, as well as teaching yoga and doing various other bits related to education and personal development.
At the first Music career sector lecture in March 2015, 100% of respondents rated the event excellent or very good.
"Opportunity to speak to people working in the industry directly and ask about their experience and for their advice. Also detail on initial music careers presentation."
"It was great to meet with careers professionals and discuss 1-2-1 the challenges and opportunities facing students wishing to pursue a career in music."
When & Where
Central Careers Hub
Central Careers Hub - career sector knowledge for Career Development Professionals