Actions and Detail Panel
Music Photography with Warren Miller
Sat 18 February 2017, 09:30 – 17:30 GMT
Following from his successful first Gig Photography Workshop at The Studio in June, Warren is now running another in February 2017 with great local band “Zen Project”
Warren is a live gig and event photographer based in Widnes Cheshire and shoots with Fuji X series cameras. Together with Fujiholics http://www.fujiholics.com/ he has put together a workshop to show people how he goes about shooting gigs and live music.
The workshop will take place on Saturday 18th February 2017 at “The Studio” Lacey Street, Widnes Cheshire WA8 7SQ which is a music venue where Warren happens to be the in house photographer.
Starting at 9.30am with introductions the morning will be a classroom workshop were Warren will talk about how to shoot live music, Starting up in gig photography, photography gear used, Setting up your camera, venue lighting and problems, metering, anticipating the right shot and other interesting techniques he uses when photographing live music and gigs.
Examples of images showing you all the areas covered will be shown during the classroom session and attendees will be able to ask questions during the informal chat. Tea breaks will also be taken during the morning and tea or coffee will be provided.
Lunch will be at about 12.30 till 1.30 (please bring your own lunch as this is not included) the afternoon will be taken up with a great live band “Zen Project” playing a full live set on stage at “The Studio” with a full lighting set up and sound by the lighting and sound technician from “The Studio” with a chance to also photograph the sound check before the full set. We shall try and also find time to take a look at some of the images you take on the day if we have time.
This should be a great day for anyone interested in live music and photography and the cost is only £59.99
To book your place please visit the event and workshops page at www.fujiholics.com or this link which will take you directly to the event -
Some comments from Warrens first Gig Photography workshop
“I used settings I’d never considered before – a great help- Thank you so much! “
“I would certainly recommend this workshop to any others in the future”
“Was nervous before attending as wasn’t sure I would be able to do it, but Warren and the team were really helpful. I really enjoyed the day. Can’t wait to get my images on the computer”
Terms and conditions:
- No refunds will be given in the event of non-attendance regardless of circumstances, we will try & find you a place on a similar course or you can nominate a friend to take your place.
- In the event of sufficient notice being given (2 months) we will refund 75% of your payment, the remainder will cover the administration costs of refilling the place.
- We reserve the right to cancel any of the workshops if there is insufficient demand. We will confirm the workshop is running 2 months before the actual date, so please do not leave it too late when booking your place on the workshop.
- Tickets are not transferable without first contacting us.
- Tickets Cannot be exchanged, transferred or resold for commercial gain.
Travel, Accommodation & Food:
- No food, beverages, accommodation or transport is provided unless stated.
- Travel & Equipment insurance is not included, please provide your own.
- Fujiholics cannot accept any liability for loss, damage or injury to you, your vehicle or equipment.
- We do not tolerate any racial, sexual, religious or abusive behaviour whether be it verbal or physical from any clients, either towards our staff or other attendees. Should you take part in any behaviour which is deemed unsuitable you will be removed from the workshop without refund. In extreme cases, legal action will be taken.
- Please make us aware of any medical conditions that may affect your ability to take part
- Fujiholics does not guarantee the weather, temperature or photographic perfection on any workshops – they are all subject to occasional adverse weather. We aim to teach techniques and skills that can be take away and practiced.
Each participant takes part in the workshop at their own risk, we will give a safety briefing at the start of each session but it is up to the participant to decide whether they are confident enough or physically able to take part in each session. If you have any questions please contact us directly