For more information see www.musicalfutures.org
Musical Futures is working with Norfolk Music Hub to provide a year of professional development FREE to all secondary music teachers within the county of Norfolk. The events will be open to non-Norfolk teachers but at our standard ticket rate.
Musical Futures' approach to Composing and Improvising gives students the skills needed to tackle the demands of exam board composing unit requirements, and is delivered in practical ways that are musical as well as theoretical. Take an existing piece of music, break it down, transform it, improvise on its various elements and collaboratively create and compose new works. The approach is about unpicking and understanding music from the inside out.
Four workshop sessions focus on:
1) Whole class workshopping that makes music analysis a practical activity
2) Groove Your Classroom increases students skill and confidence with improvising
3) Pick and mix approaches to songwriting is full of ideas for getting started with songwriting
4) Sharing ideas and resources that can make GCSE music vital, practical and engaging
- All the materials and resources (free) to use in your classroom straight away
- An approach that your students will love and you’ll love to teach
- Expert guidance through a practical and fun workshop
- Lunch and refreshments
- Membership of Musical Futures to include access to members-only resources, equipment deals, offers and more
- Access to our international teacher network to share ideas with like-minded teachers across the world
Read our terms and conditions HERE
Save This Event
When & Where
The Musical Futures training programme focuses on developing and extending the skills of classroom and instrumental teachers to create sustainable music opportunities for students in schools. It is underpinned by pedagogies developed from informal learning and non-formal teaching approaches to classroom music. Delegates put themselves in the position of their learners and, above all, Musical Futures training reminds teachers of their musical roots and is always a fun, inspiring and creative experience.