Actions and Detail Panel
My Former Life - Trainer, Calderdale
Tue 14 November 2017, 09:00 – 16:00 GMT
My former life is a multimedia education resource based on a documentary about four former extremists. The film and accompanying resource explore the formers’ personal and political motivations for getting involved in violent conflict, the consequences of their actions, and their departure from a life of extremism. My Former Life combines the exploration of real-life stories with interactive and participatory exercises designed to raise self-awareness. This approach empowers participants to internalise the learning and develop personal strategies to develop their skills in building awareness of and resistance to destructive ideologies.
The Programme will be participatory in its nature enabling attendees to experience and explore the materials first hand, as is the way we invite young people to partake. Activities will include:
- An introduction to the project and the film and resource;
- An overview of the educational and pedagogical approach utilised within the resources;
- Best practices for the delivery of the film and resource;
- A practical run-through of various exercises and activities;
- Safeguarding issues and answering difficult questions;
- Feedback and evaluation
The sessions will also provide an opportunity to answer questions about the project, films and resources, and participants will also receive additional materials and guidance on how to successfully deliver the My former life resources to young people.