Actions and Detail Panel
Mytime Active: Early Years Workforce Training
Mon 12 December 2016, 09:00 – 13:30 GMT
Training is delivered by qualified dieticians, nutritionists and physical activity specialists to anyone working with children across Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster. As well as the courses below, bespoke training can be delivered where and when requested. Want your whole team or department to study a particular module? We can tailor our programme to the needs of your workforce. For details, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Mytime Active, visit www.mytimeactive.co.uk.
Physical Activity in the Early Years
This training course seeks to address the important of physical activity on children in their early years, including the impact it has on their physical, cognitive, emotional and social development. Attendees take part in an informative workshop followed by a practical session where guidance and ideas are put into practice.
• UK physical activity guidelines for children under 5
• The impact of physical activity on child development
• Implementing the guidance into the home and/or your setting
• Physical activity games for children under 5
Nutritional Guidelines for under 5s
A module offering staff working with children under 5 an overview of the nutritional requirements through the first year until the age of five. Provides an introduction to the Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings and how they can be applied in practice. Includes short practical sessions to assist staff to provide the best food possible in their setting to protect the growth and development of early years children.
• Nutrition in the first year
• Nutritional guidelines for children 1 – 4 years
• Overview and practical application of Voluntary Food and Drink Guidelines for Early Years Settings in England
• Allergies in early years settings and what you need to know