Actions and Detail Panel
N4ME: Cerebral Palsy Awareness
Thu 24 March 2016, 11:00 – 15:00 GMT
March is Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month, Readipop are offering this awareness workshop free as part of their N4ME programme.
This half-day workshop raises awareness of Cerebral Palsy (CP), its causes and effects on individuals. The session will help to develop confidence in interacting with people who have CP, offering advice on communication and providing support to those who have Cerebral Palsy.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will be able to:
▪ Explain what cerebral palsy is
▪ Describe the causes and types of cerebral palsy
▪ Understand the misconceptions about the condition
▪ Explain models of disability and the impact on people with CP
▪ Effectively support people with CP, whilst maintaining their dignity
▪ Have their questions about the condition answered
The Trainer has Cerebral Palsy and is very happy to answer any questions and share personal experiences to help enhance the learner’s understanding.
This is part of N4ME, Networking for Music Educators, a Readipop project funded by Youth Music.