In addition to our traditional lunch on Remembrance Day, we are offering a visit to The National Memorial Arboretum, where members can attend the Remembrance Service at 11:00am.
Sharon Morris-Mee is a helper there, and she has made arrangements on behalf of The Club.
The proposals for the day are :-
1. If members would like to journey together, a minibus or similar can be arranged. The cost would be approximately £15.00, with a departure from St Paul’s at 8:30am.
2. For those who wish to travel individually, there is a £3.00 parking fee and a short walk.
3. The entrance to the arboretum is free.
4. Tea and coffee can be available on arrival at £2.00.
5. Mobility scooters are available at a cost of £5.00 but must be booked in advance. Wheelchairs are also available.
6. Following the service which will be about thirty minutes, there will be time for members to look around the memorial, and displays.
7. The time of departure will be 12:45 returning to The Club for a “late” lunch at 2:00, the cost of which is £20.00. and the menu will be circulated at a later date.
8. It is anticipated that there will be a couple of readings during/after lunch with a short address by Richard Woodgate.
Having been to the arboretum on two occasions, I can assure you it is well worth the visit, and parts of it are quite moving.
For members who are unable to join us at the arboretum, we would still ask for your support at the lunch.
Can you either respond using Eventbrite or liaise with Charles as soon as possible, so that we can estimate the total numbers for the day.