Some important details -
- On the last few courses, it is becoming more apparent people think they can show up and leave with the qualification - this is not so, you need to get into the pool and train - failure to do this will mean you will not be doing exam or will not have the opportunity to get on another course at another time
- This is an adult based course where you are thaught the skills with other adults, it is up to you the learner to study and practice these skills
- If you do not you will not be presented for exam, hence you will not gain the qualification
- If you fail exam you will have to pay costs of pool and examiner to resit.
- You must fill in the training manual and present to course tutor complete at end of course
- You will also find out exactly what the course covers on the website and I advise you to read what the NPLQ includes along with Health and safety on courses before coming on the course.
- All new candidates must attend all 40 hours of the course, YOU MUST ATTEND FULL COURSE SCHEDULE
- If you are late at any stage of the course or are missing during course times, you will be ask to leave the course with no refund DO NOT BE LATE ARRIVE EARLY TO MAKE SURE YOU FIND YOUR LOCATION - 100% attendence is requirend
- Notepad and pen
- Swim shorts and Red t shirt
- Silicone or latex hat - no cloth hats allowed
- Drinking water a nd a packed lunch
- Comfortable clothes for land practical
- Whistle https://www.marasurf.com/outdoor-adventure-watersports-accessories?product_id=236
- A positive attitude!!
What Not to bring:
- No Goggles
- No Cloth hats
- No nose clips
- No Board shorts as swim trunks
- No Jewellery/Piercings while on course
- Mobile phones: You are not permitted to use mobile phones while on the course. You will be ask to leave the lecture if using your phone and you may not return, you will not be refunded. This is an adult based course and your full attention is required.
This course is intensive and there is a lot to learn, here is a study website that you can start to practice some of the theory and test your knowledge https://ongoingtandca.org.uk/lifeguard-revision-area/login.phpYou will learn all of this on the course, however it is a good to try before coming on the course, and then to study while on it.
Final course payment must be made through the website http://www.atlanticcoastlifeguards.com/?page_id=17 by 23/09/2016, failure to pay by this date means I will be opening up your spot to a waiting list of candidates.
You will be supplied with a working manual on the course to be kept by you the candidate, please fill in during course times. There is an application form attached, please print along with this email and bring on first day of course
There is free parking. Please enter Hotel and ask for a parking ticket and state you are on the course.
- Fri 07 Oct - 17.45 - 21.30
- Sat 08 Oct - 09.00 - 18.00
- Sun 09 Oct - 09.00 - 18.00
- Sat 15 Oct - 09.00 - 18.00
- Sun 16 Oct - 09.00 - 18.00
We will be using a swimming pool close by to the Hotel (8min drive to be exact)
It is extremely difficult to find a pool with a lecture room and both at a cost that keep the price of the course low for you the customer. The norm is to car pool to the pool and we will aim to finish each day at the pool for collection. There is a shuttle bus available at the Hotel at a cost of 5 euro per person one way.each day. If you need this let your trainer know in the mornings of the course.
Share with friends