Actions and Detail Panel
National pool lifeguard qualification - Mayo
Wed, 19 Apr 2017, 19:00 – Sun, 23 Apr 2017, 22:00 IST
You have recently booked into the national pool lifeguard qualification course with Atlantic coast lifeguards. Please read the below information thouroughly and click the attend event button above when you have done so.
We will meet in Leisure center in Breaffy house hotel daily unless otherwise instructed by your trainer. We have a lecture room here. Daily we will be in the pool but only when instructed by the trainer
- 19 April - 23 April - 13.00 - 21.00
- In date Renewals to attend a minimum of any 20 hours on teh course - its easist if you attend the last 3 days of the course.(21/22/23 April)
Things to bring with you:
- Swimming togs (board shorts not acceptable)
- Latex or silicone swim hat (cloth hats not accepttable)
- Drinking water Notepad and pen Ladies to bring swim shorts as well as swim togs
- Comfortable clothing for dryland practical sessions
- Packed lunch
- Positive attitude
Before the course:
Please read the pre entry swimming ability on the website - should you not be able to do these you will not be able for the course and there is no refund - so please go to the pool and swim!
During the course:
- This is an adult based course, we are here to train you in all aspects of working as a pool lifeguard but is up to you the learner to study and practice.
- Just showing up will not obtain you the qualification and we will accept no time wasters, should you waste time and not act like an adult learner you will be asked to leave the course with no refund.
- 100% attendence is required
- Assessment is continous with a final external assessment at the end of the course. We will guide you through out the course and anywhere we feel you will not pass the exam we will tell you- it is up to you to make changes. Should you not make these changes you will not be able to sit the exam
- Should you fail the exam the cost of re-assessment will be charged to you the candidate No mobile phones are allowed during classtimes Inproper conduct will mean you will be asked to leave the course You will be provided with a training manual to keep on the first day of the course.
- Please read the full health and safety considerations on www.atlanticcoastlifeguards.com before arriving to the course.
Online revision page and videos
The RLSS provides you with access to an online revision page. This contains theory questions which you can practice over and over again, but it also provide you with access to all the pool techniques on film. You will be learning all of these on the course but now you can view the films at home
Upon passing the external exam, you will be a qualifed pool lifeguard for 24 months. Should you decide to renew your qualification, you must obtain 20 hours ongoing training either on another lifeguard course or by a qualifed trainer as in house training while working as a lifeguard and resit the exam before yor certificate expires.
This qualification does not gurentee you work - you must preform your best at an interview and an induction test at any pool you apply for work. Everything we teach you on the course will prepare you for this!
Final payment is due:
Please go to the booking page on www.atlanticcoastlifeguards.com and pay the final balnace of the course. please do so by the 01/04/2017