Some important details -
- On the last few courses, it is becoming more apparent people think they can show up and leave with the qualification - this is not so, you need to get into the pool and train - failure to do this will mean you will not be doing exam or will not have the opportunity to get on another course at another time
- This is an adult based course where you are thaught the skills with other adults, it is up to you the learner to study and practice these skills
- If you do not you will not be presented for exam, hence you will not gain the qualification
- If you fail exam you will have to pay costs of pool and examiner to resit.
- You will also find out exactly what the course covers on the website and I advise you to read what the NVBLQ includes along with Health and safety on courses before coming on the course.
- All new candidates must attend all 46 hours of the course, YOU MUST ATTEND FULL COURSE SCHEDULE
- If you are late at any stage of the course or are missing during course times, you will be ask to leave the course with no refund DO NOT BE LATE ARRIVE EARLY TO MAKE SURE YOU FIND YOUR LOCATION - 100% attendence is requirend
- The 400meter swim is in a 25metre pool. This must be done in front crawl in under 8mintues without stopping or touching the ground. We recommed you do it in 7min 30 sec!! - this is a pass or fail on day 1 of the course. it is a pre entry requirment and you will not be refunded if you fail. You will re do this test for the external examiner on the final day of the course also. this time will then be recorded for your certificate
- Notepad and pen
- Wetsuit 5/3 - WE WILL BE IN THE SEA EVERY DAY FOR 3 HOURS!!!!!!
- Booties TO WEAR ON THE BEACH
- Swim TOGS and googles
- Silicone or latex hat - no cloth hats allowed
- Drinking water and a packed lunch - No time to go to the shop.
- Comfortable warm clothes for land practical and a waterproof jacket.
- Whistle https://www.marasurf.com/outdoor-adventure-watersports-accessories?product_id=236
- A positive attitude!!
What Not to bring:
- No Cloth hats
- No nose clips
- No Board shorts as swim trunks
- No Jewellery/Piercings while on course
- Mobile phones: You are not permitted to use mobile phones while on the course. You will be ask to leave the lecture if using your phone and you may not return, you will not be refunded. This is an adult based course and your full attention is required.
This course is intensive and there is a lot to learn, Please take notes and study the material as it is a written test. there is 30 questions in 30 min and you must answer 26 correctly to pass.
Final course payment must be made through the website http://www.atlanticcoastlifeguards.com/?page_id=17 by 14/10/2016, failure to pay by this date means I will be opening up your spot to a waiting list of candidates.
You will be supplied with a working manual on the course to be kept by you the candidate, please fill in during course times.
There is free parking. Please enter Hotel and ask for a parking ticket and state you are on the course.
- Fri 21 Oct - 09.00 - 18.00
- Sat 22 Oct - 09.00 - 18.00
- Sun 23 Oct - 09.00 - 18.00
- Fri 28 Oct - 09.00 - 18.00
- Sat 29 Oct - 09.00 - 18.00
- Sun 30 Oct - 07.00 - 16.00 (note the early start)
We will be using a swimming pool close by to the Hotel (5min drive to be exact)
It is extremely difficult to find a pool with a lecture room and both at a cost that keep the price of the course low for you the customer. The norm is to car pool to the pool/walk/cycle as its so close.
- On the final day we will be starting at the pool with the timed swim exam so maybe try going for a few swims early in th emorning to prepare
Share with friends