Encouraging imaginative play in the natural world
Skelton Grange Environment Centre, Leeds, LS10 1RS
Playing in and with nature is an excellent way to support all the types of learning and development in the statutory framework for the early years foundation stage.
This course looks at:
- The benefits of Nature Play
- Managing Risk – how to manage risk and the difference between good and bad risk
- How to enhance opportunities for Nature Play in your school grounds / local area
- Encouraging independent and creative play and exploration
- Ideas for activities that will encourage children to explore, discover and learn in their natural environment
- How Nature Play meets the requirements of the new EYFS framework
Previous participant feedback: “Fantastic ideas for age group”... “Good balance of hands on ‘doing’ and listening/ discussion. Clear links made about how many of the activities help children to develop general learning behaviours and skills needed for wider curriculum learning.”
Cost: £105 plus VAT per person, including lunch and refreshments.
Do you want training for all your staff?
We will happily run any of these courses just for your school – cost £700 + VAT!
Or £500 + VAT for a 2.5 hour after-school twilight session (March – Oct are the best months).
Please contact the centre for details.
Save This Event
When & Where
Skelton Grange Environment Centre
The Conservation Volunteers charity welcomes people of all ages to learn, volunteer and play in the natural environment at our award winning eco-centre and nature area in Leeds. We offer great educational visits for schools and groups, support people to volunteer in conservation and education, and run lots of training and fun events for adults and children...
Any funds raised through our events and workshops support our great charitable work at Skelton Grange Environment Centre - thank you!