Actions and Detail Panel
NatWest SE100 Social Business Club and Insight Event
Tue 20 September 2016, 09:30 – 17:30 BST
The next event in our SE100 Insight event series takes us to Manchester as we continue to explore 'Building a Brilliant Social Business'.
We will be focusing our attention on the core business questions that social enterprises are asking themselves at all stages of their development, whether that's how to tell your story or what makes a good board of trustees.
We are looking forward to welcoming many social enterprises – especially from the North – to come together and share their stories and hopefully learn a thing or two in the process.
This event is designed to give you practical insights into how to strengthen your organisation, as well as to help you network with like-minded businesses, consultancy experts and local policy makers. We have put together a fantastic set of talks and workshops including:
- Building a Brilliant Social Business - a social enterprise showcase of brilliant leaders from the region!
- Winning New Business 101 - an exploration into different revenue making opportunities for social enterprises from bid writing and going to tender to trading and direct sales, and thinking about business innovation strategies
- Money Talks - managing your business finances, planning for investment, and reaching new markets
- Building a Brilliant Board - when to have one, getting the right mix, and working with corporates.
We'll be hearing form all manner of experts involved in building better businesses, as well as some great speakers and case studies from the SE100 community. Speakers confirmed so far:
- Social business wizards Five Lamps, Time to Change, Sharp Futures, and Eat Pennines
- Experts from the social finance world, including social investment gurus Numbers for Good, Resonance, Big Society Capital, as well as our partners, NatWest.
- Skilled practitioners in storytelling, branding and working with the media from the Matter&Co team.
- Networks including Social Growth, and ACEVO, and more to be announced soon
Stay tuned for more information on the agenda, our keynote speakers and practical information. You can keep up to date with the SE100 via our Newsletter, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Pioneers Post.
In order to attend the event, social enterprises should sign up to the SE100 Social Business Club. Create a profile here to gain free membership.
About the Club
The NatWest SE100 Social Business Club aims to help social businesses get the advice and resources they need to thrive and grow – from investment and leadership to HR and marketing. The club is delivered in partnership by Matter&Co and NatWest.
Members can benefit from SE100 Insight events across the country, our annual SE100 Social Business Awards, access to financial and business support services from NatWest, discounts on network memberships and services, and a rich stream of online written and video content focusing on social business management, including expert advice and case studies from the front line. Members also take part in the SE100 Index which is a useful tool for tracking and benchmarking the financial performance and social impact of a business, helping to tell the story of social enterprise in the UK.