This one-day event is open to all EdD, DrPS and PhD students within the School of Education, Communication and Society.
The conference will feature discussions about why students should go to conferences, presentations by students from conferences in the past year, forums around formats for conference presentations, and tips for what else to do besides attend presentations.
The schedule will be approximately as follows.
- 10:00am - 10:15am - Welcome and coffee break.
- 10:15am - 10:45am - Types of Conferences by Jill Hohenstein and Meg Maguire
- 10:45am - 11:45am - 'What t do at a conference if not presenting' - Sandra Takei and students.
- 11:45am - 12:00pm - Break
- 12:00pm - 12:30pm - Presentations
- 12:30pm - 1:15pm - Lunch
- 1:15pm - 2:00pm - Presentations
- 2:00pm - 2:30pm - Round off by Jill Hohenstein
As has occurred at previous events of this kind, there will be informal chats over food that students bring. We would appreciate it if you could bring sides, desserts or snacks. ECS will provide drinks and sandwiches.
Date and Time
G552, Waterloo Bridge Wing, Franklin Wilkin's Building
King's College London