A one of special event hosting Jesse Liberty, Silverlight Geek. Jesse is a Senior Programme Manager in the SIlverlight Development Team at Microsoft and author of nearly two dozen books.
Building A Highly Extensible, Decoupled Silverlight Open Source Application with MEF and RIA Services using Lean, Test Driven Development, An International Team of Volunteer Programmers, and lots of Advil.
This talk will use the Silverlight HyperVideo Platform open-source project on CodePlex as a case study in building highly extensible Silverlight applications. Among the topics we will focus on are:
- New features in Silverlight 4 and how they made life easier
- The Managed Extensibility Framework (MEF) added to Silverlight 4
- WCF RIA Services for connection to a back-end db
- Handling inter-module communication when the requirements are that modules cannot assume which other modules will be created, there can be no dependencies on order-of creation and unanticipated modules must be able to communicate with existing modules.
- Using Markers, Injected Markers and polling to trigger events while viewing a video.
- A Quick introduction to Lean, TDD and Kanban.
The event will be hosted in Room 120 of the Claremont Building at Newcastle University. For a detailed campus map - http://www.ncl.ac.uk/documents/Campus-Map-Print.pdf
Stay up to date with North East Bytes
Check out our site at http://www.nebytes.net; follow us on Twitter - http://twitter.com/nebytes and become a fan on Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/pages/NEBytes/154009434309
When & Where
North East Bytes
North East Bytes is a user group based in the North East of England covering Development and IT Pro elements of the Microsoft Technology Stack