Actions and Detail Panel
NEDonBoard - How to Become a Paid Non-Executive Director
Tue 25 October 2016, 19:15 – 21:00 BST
An event to help answer those all too familiar questions - how do I become a NED and how do I become a paid non-executive director?
As with all NEDonBoard events, refreshments and light nibbles will be provided, and their will be plenty of opportunity to network - one of the crucial elements to being offered or placed in a NED role.
We will be joined by a fantastic panel with a breadth of experience as board advisors, search consultants and NEDs, including:
- Gillian Wilmot, a 2014 NED Awards Winner: Gillian is Chairman of Sports Coach, the UK Coaching Standards agency for elite and participation sport, with a commercial subsidiary, where her patron is the Princess Royal. She is the Founder of Board Mentoring which works with CEO's and Directors of leading UK and International companies. This includes advising them on a Non-Executive Portfolio.
Winner of the 2014 NED Awards for NISA Retail and nominated in 2016 in the Energy industry. Appointed to the board of Senet Group for the gambling industry in Jan 2015 and Elexon in 2013. In 2012 she was appointed to the Industrial Development Advisory Board (IDAB) which advises UK Ministers on business issues and investment decisions.Previous Board roles include Blackwells (retail), Land of Leather (retail) and Admiral (insurance). She writes and speaks on Leadership, Mentoring and the Boardroom.Gillian works with entrepreneurs to bring new concepts to market and fulfil their commercial potential including jisp.com/Open 30.Gillian's executive career encompasses 30 years at leading companies and Brands including Marks & Spencer, Boots, Avon Cosmetics, Littlewoods and Royal Mail. Her early career as a Marketing Director included launching the award winning and highly profitable Next Directory in the late 80's and transforming the brand and profitability of Avon Cosmetics in the '90's. At Royal Mail in the early 2000's as MD of Mail Markets she was part of the team that kick-started the transformation and culture change of the business and its return to profitability.
- Jill Ader, Egon Zehnder, London: Jill focuses on CEO, chair and board services, including executive and non-executive search, succession planning, leadership assessment and development, plus board and top team effectiveness reviews. She works internationally across sectors, especially for consumer facing and services clients.
- Nicki Demby, Deloitte: Nicki is a well known adviser to the Boards of FTSE100 and 250 companies with over 25 years' experience in advising companies in the UK and internationally on remuneration strategy, pay benchmarking, short and long term incentive design, the effective communication of reward and consultation with institutional investors.
- Moderating the paenl is: Michael Chuter: experienced board member and NHS Chairman
More about NEDonBoard:
NEDonBoard is the professional organisation for non-executive directors - should you have any valuable knowledge to share with your fellow NEDs you can highlight this to Liv Noble (firstname.lastname@example.org) in advance of the event.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
- For our professional development course, you can contact Liv Noble, Liv.email@example.com.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
- Yes, as long as you update the details before the course.
Can I update my registration information?
- Yes, just send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- Yes or your ID.
How do I become a NEDonBoard member?
- We review every profile to ensure one can thrive in their non-exec career. You need to apply here: https://www.nedonboard.com/