Actions and Detail Panel
NEGOTIATION & INFLUENCING SKILLS
Thu 8 December 2016, 09:00 – 16:30 GMT
Negotiation and Influencing Skills
Negotiation is a skill that we use almost every day. However, negotiation is also one of those skills that everyone learns on the job. From early age, kids learn how to negotiate with their parents over what they want and enhance this skill as they learn from their success. However, as we grow we seem to lose that skill and become less successful in getting exactly what we want. Somehow our perspective changes and we develop bad habits.
Influencing, persuading and negotiation skills enable successful people to influence the thinking and behaviour of others and to facilitate an effective spread of information throughout a team via their communication skills. People who have these skills build strong relationships, exert greater influence on their colleagues and project a positive image of themselves and their organisation.
This 1 day course will provide delegates with vital knowledge and techniques which they have the opportunity to apply through a series of workshop and exercises.
Who should attend?
This Level 1 course is designed for individuals who would benefit from an enhanced ability to persuade and influence in the workplace. This course covers a wide range of topics such as negotiation strategy, psychological tactics, human emotional states, bargaining which prepares delegates for a variety of situations that require negotiation.
- Identify your own preferred influencing style and use it to encourage people to change their behaviour willingly.
- Preparing for a negotiation
- Developing a negotiation and influencing checklist
- Setting the stage for a productive negotiation
- Preparing yourself
- Setting and maintaining limits
- Maintaining emotional distance
- Body language
- Understand the underlying principles of negotiation and learn what you can do to get the best outcome
- Use a negotiation strategy that moves you closer to a win/win outcome
- Prepare for negotiation by following a step-by-step approach and set your critical limits
- Finalise the outcome of your negotiation to get exactly what you have asked for
This course is available as part of our scheduled courses
and onsite corporate training
Date and Time
Rombourne Business Centre
No 1, Merlin House, Langstone Business Park