Neural-Chemical Coaching - Summer School
Thursday, 30 July 2015 at 10:00 - Friday, 31 July 2015 at 16:00 (BST)
30th to 31st July
Designed for HR and Learning and Development Consultants, this summer school develops skills in intuitive facilitation using cutting edge neuroscience based methods, and provides accreditation to deliver the Maria Paviour Company Ltd’s unique online stress prevention tool, the Commitment and Resilience Index (CARI)
Learn the most up to date and proven methods for delivering the most effective training and reducing stress and anxiety at work. Through a simple and practical understanding the way in which the brain functions, HR and L&D professionals learn how to accelerate peak performance, wellbeing and change with their people - whilst minimising the impact of stress and cognitive dissonance.
Participants on this course can receive a certificate of ILM recognition for attending and completion.
Two sessions per day, lasting up to 3.5hrs each, including practical activities that enable hands on experimentation and practice of new techniques.
The Practical Neuroscience of Learning
OR How to re-wire your brain with new skills
- The neuroscience of learning and how to create new brain wiring
- Evolving super performers – from the classroom to the workspace
- How multi sensory approaches can facilitate learning
Chemistry of Change and Plastic Brains
OR Instant brain fixes
- What we mean by plastic brain and how we can open people’s minds to learning
- Four simple exercises that get the right brain chemicals flowing and firing in the brains of your participants
- Practical ways to alter the people’s body chemistry so that they become open minded and confident
- How happiness helps us to perform
Limbic system and non verbal behaviour
OR Why our emotions rule & embed new behaviours
- How our emotions are responsible for every decision we make… and how to tap into this
- What happens emotionally when we are learning – and why does it matter?
- How to design “emotional” programmes that get maximum impact and maximum commitment
Switching into creativity
- Neuroscience of creativity - What happens when we have a light bulb moment – how to create them in the classroom
- How to develop challenging activities that inspire creative thinking
- How the environment affects learning causes people to have emotional reactions and what to do about it
Language & Perspectives: How They Can Drive Our Behaviour
- Five subtle behaviours to observe that reduce learning ability (modal operators etc)
- Five exceptional questions that can root out and gently challenge negative or closed minded learners (reframing – meta models – Bandler)
- Linking sensory experience with brain activity for maximum learning
- How the way we think about time determines how we respond to training messages
Limiting Beliefs and Behavioural Patterns
- Why some people keep doing the same stuff even when it doesn’t work
- How to identify limiting behaviours and beliefs
- How to challenge behaviours that do not support progress
- How to appreciate the value of, and facilitate vulnerability in learning
Facilitating Well Being
- Entering resourceful states – anchoring and visualisation
- Trusting the process
- How stress can be beneficial
- The 5 pillars of wellbeing and what they mean
- Coaching on issues of wellbeing, anxiety and depression
Environment & Social Psychology of Change
OR Why fun and happiness work
- Why we make bad decisions and judgements
- Why it is so difficult to change our behaviours?
- The 3 myths about how to create behavioural change – and what really works
The CARI Questionnaire
- Be able to carry out the resilience questionnaire with the client
- Be able to interpret the questionnaire with the client
- Understand the responsibilities of the resilience practitioner
When & Where
Maria Paviour Company Ltd
Maria Paviour Company Ltd is an Occupational Psychology consultancy specialising emotional engagement and well-being at work.
MPC Ltd works with a range of highly qualified experts licensed as NeuChem Coaching and Training Practitioners each of whom is able to deliver improvements in engagement levels that create measureable financial benefits for businesses. All of our Practitioners and Consultants are trained, assessed and licenced by Maria Paviour.
Facilitator: Maria Paviour – Occupational Psychologist
Maria Paviour is a graduate of psychology and biology from London University, triple award winning Occupational Psychologist and was an NHS Practice Business Manager turned Whistle-blower.
A brain injury in 2004 left Maria unable to work for 2 years. On returning to work in an NHS GP Practice she discovered and reported patients at significant risk; was consequently assaulted and bullied out of her job. This inspired her to return to neuroscience to research and develop a diagnostic tool (CARI™) and methodology that would support emotional engagement and well-being at work. The results of this is her latest book, the Amazon bestseller “The ‘Brainy’ Neuroscience of Engaged People – A handbook of Neurochemical Leadership™” (published November 2015)
"Brainy" Neuroscience for Engaged People (2015)
28 Steps to save your job and everyone else’s (2014)
Changing Vampires into Angels (2002)
Maria Paviour offers elite NeuChem® Coaching at the University of Sussex and Harley Street, London.
MPC Ltd has worked extensively with business leaders, senior managers, board directors and partners and senior personnel in law firms, in the construction industry, pharmaceutical, finance, banking, and healthcare sectors.