Actions and Detail Panel
New business development: how to make marginal gains | DBA member breakfast
Thu 11 May 2017, 08:10 – 10:00 BST
Business development can sometimes take a backseat when there are client projects and creative challenges to deal with. Why not take a fresh approach and break business development down into small chunks?
Join business development and DBA expert Lucy Mann to understand how to unpack the processes behind successful business development. You'll learn how to move business development from being an insurmountable task, to an ongoing murmur in the background, constantly working away to keep things moving.
Understand how to break down the processes behind business development and cascade ownership for these to all members of your team. As one small win leads to another, you’ll see them accumulate into large-scale achievements, which over the course of a year could have a monumental impact on the overall growth of your business.
You'll come away with a set of small but achievable practical tips, fired up to put your marginal gains approach to developing new business into action straight away.
This breakfast will cover:
- Guidance on how to form your business development goals to get you where you need to be.
- Insights on how to apply a marginal gains approach to each stage of the business development process.
- Top tips on how to allocate the time and resource to making achievable changes to your business development approach.
You’ll leave with:
- A fresh perspective on how to embed business development activity into the everyday for your whole team.
- Clearer understanding of the different business development tactics at your disposal, and which ones could work for you.
- Greater confidence in your business development processes, to maintain a steady workflow through your agency.
Lucy Mann has worked in agency new business and marketing for over 20 years, generating leads, pitching, recruiting, managing and mentoring teams, qualifying and measuring opportunities. This experience - the lessons learned, the tricks, tips, insights and tools have been collated, polished and packaged as Gunpowder.
The mission? To help agencies take control of the new business process. To create workable new business plans that get results. To provide the tools to measure success. To mentor in house new business and client service teams.
Lucy is a DBA Expert Advisor and registered and approved Growth Coach for GrowthAccelerator.
DBA member breakfast events sponsor:
Prices include VAT.
When booking please provide the name of the person who will be attending the event - we will use this for their delegate badge and materials.
This event is only open to DBA members.
All DBA events and training courses are subject to standard terms and conditions which can be read in full here.
If you have any queries please email us at email@example.com or call 020 7251 9229.
Event image: © Jippu2498 | Dreamstime.com