You’re invited to the Streetwise Data Protection Workshop run by South Coast Data Protection Consultants. It could just save your skin…
The UK’s Data Protection laws are soon to be updated, and it could have a BIG impact on your company. So unless you want a hefty fine or prison sentence, you need to make sure you know your stuff.
What’s the deal?
The General Data Protection Regulation will come into force on 25 May 2018 and will affect any company in the world that deals with the personal data of EU citizens. If that’s you, stay with us…
This new law brings with it stricter rules and harsher punishments. So harsh, in fact, that you could be left with a maximum penalty of 4% of global turnover or even a prison sentence. Yep, they’re not messing around!
One workshop = disaster averted
Streetwise HR have teamed up with our business associates, South Coast Data Protection Consultants, to bring you an interactive and informative Data Protection Workshop that will cover everything you need to know to avoid disaster.
Here are just some of the questions we’ll be answering…
- Does the present Data Protection Law apply to my business?
- When will the new legislation come into force and will it apply to my business?
- Does Brexit make any difference?
- What do I need to tell people when I collect their personal information?
- Do I always need consent?
- How much information am I legally allowed to request and hold about someone, and how long can I keep it for?
- Can I share personal information and how do I check that it’s accurate and up-to-date?
- What are the minimum standards required to keep personal information secure?
- What should I do if someone wants to ‘exercise their rights’ under the Data Protection Act?
- What should I do if I want to send personal information outside the EU or use a server in America?
- What should I do if any personal information is lost or stolen, or I send emails/texts/letters to the wrong people by mistake, or our systems are hacked?
- How do I avoid a big fine?
- How do I avoid a prison sentence?
There are limited spaces, so if you’re keen to know your proverbial, get in touch to book your place.
How many tickets can i have for this event?
You can order up to 2 tickets.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There is lots of off road free parking at the hotel. A map is included with the details incase you are not sure where it is.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions you may have.
Is my registration/ticket transferrable?
Please let us know if you can't make the event as we have a waiting list. We can arrange a refund if your ticket has been paid for. If you would like to transfer the ticket within your organisation, can you please just have a chat with us first? Thank you.
When & Where
Streetwise HR Ltd
Streetwise HR provide outsourced HR support to entrepreneurs and business owners. A team of HR professionals who are hell-bent on blowing HR’s politically correct, ‘jobsworth’ stereotype out the water, talking plainly, thinking commercially and acting shrewdly with one end in mind: your business’s survival.