Training Employment & Enterprise Forum
Wednesday 12 October 2016
10.00 am – 12.30 pm
Stifford Centre, 2-6 Cressy Place, Stepney Green, London E1 3JG
Present and apologies.
Minutes of 14 July 2016.
Kate Smith - Centre for Fashion Enterprise
Kate manages the ERDF supported Fashion Technology Emerging Futures project. She has successfully helped to deliver more than £60 million of investment into the UK creative industries.
- Kate will detail the launch of the new London-wide fashion sector support programme which is funded by the European Union.
- Kate will also provide information on the London College of Fashion pending move to the Olympic site and their desire to build local relationships / partnerships in the interim.
Blossom Young - ACCENTS Project Manager at Poplar HARCA
- Blossom will describe the development of the new fashion centre in Bow.
- The current programmes to support and enhance the local fashion sector will also be detailed.
Fokrul Hoque - British Bangladeshi Fashion Council
The Council delivers training, work experience and networking opportunities in the East London Fashion sector http://www.bbfashioncouncil.com/
- Community Grants
- European Union open programmes
- Other opportunities
European Commission Rights, Equality and Citizenship programme
Any Other Business.
Next Meeting - Thursday 12 January 2017 at 10 – 12.30
Gregory Cohn, Tower Hamlets Training Employment & Enterprise Forum chair
See the LVSC Employment Bulletin