Actions and Detail Panel
New Parish Conference: The Art of Faithful Presence
Thu, 10 Nov 2016, 10:00 – Fri, 11 Nov 2016, 16:00 GMT
The Art of Faithful Presence - Innovation & Stability for the 21st Century
All across the nation Christian communities are finding new ways to connect with their neighbourhood. The New Parish Conference draws together practitioners, their stories and their practices. Together we desire to discover what God is up to in this emerging grass roots movement.
The two days at NPC are made up of times of prayer and worship altogether, followed by Key Note talks from practitioners in a varity of neighbourhood mission fields, interspersed with stories around creative interaction with communities, followed by interactive workshops with practitioners.
The focus of the two days is that of creative, innovative and stable interaction, impact and change within communities and there will be lots of opportunities for networking and mingling with one another
Shane Claiborne is a Red Letter Christian and a founding partner of The Simple Way community, a radical faith community that lives among and serves the homeless in the Kensington neighborhood of Philadelphia.
OTHER SPEAKERS INCLUDE
The Ven Simon Heathfield (Archdeacon of Aston), Imandeep Kaur (Co-Founder of Impact Hub, Birmingham), Rev Dr Kate Coleman (New Leadership), Jonny Baker (CMS), Trevor Hutton (Nazarenes), Heather Cracknell (Pioneers), Jonathan Cox (Citizens UK), Lizzie Gawen (Student Christian Movement), Debra Green OBE (ROC), Lord Maurice Glasman,
And MANY more....!
New Parish Preday - Growing Faithful Presence in our Neighbourhoods
Wednesday 9th November, 10am-4pm, The Pavilion Bourneville. 25 tickets available......
We live in turbulent times. Whether you are reading the front page of the local newspaper or browsing through your Facebook feed the fragmentation, isolation, and fear taking hold in so many of our neighborhoods is palpable.
Amidst escalating fears and confusion the Church’s call will remain to be one of faithful presence. To mend broken hearts as well as broken systems, to cultivate relationships of care, to join God in the healing of our world, neighborhood by neighborhood.
It feels like the Church’s call to faithful presence is more crucial than ever. For the Church to live into this call it will require leadership, which is why we are offering this day.
Join with colleagues from all across England as an investment into your own leadership and towards the collaborative potential of a diverse cross section of leaders working together as they join in God’s reconciliation and renewal.
Here is what you’ll experience:
1. New Ideas for Today’s Leadership Challenge : In a series of shorts talks and Q&A sessions we will help you develop a fresh new lens for imagining how mission, formation, and community in converge towards faithful presence in your neighborhood.
2. Courageous Stories: With this quick and highly visual presentation format (20 slides, 20 seconds each) area leaders will share short visual tour while sharing snapshot stories and talking points. This format opens your imagination to vivid, doable possibilities for your context.
3. Planning Charrette: A charrette is an intense period of design or planning activity where participants will use a mapping process to discover practical steps toward parish integration. The charrette is a powerful guide to understanding your parish and discerning what’s next.
4. Learning through exploration: During the extended lunch break participants will have an opportunity for using the New Parish Toolkit to practice discerning renewal possibilities in the immediate neighborhood where the training is located.
5. Liturgy for everyday life: Reconnecting rhythms of prayer, listening, and memory to ordinary acts of learning and doing helps center formative training as an act of worship. Not only does this open up your receptivity to God, but it also vastly deepens your learning experience.